Description of the Prophet's Prayer
Author: Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Salih al-'Uthaymin
Paperback: 354 Pages
In this book, al-ʿAllāmah Muḥammad b. Sāliḥ al-ʿUthaymīn explains a number of vital issues related to the Prayer in a very simple and comprehensive fashion. Not only does the Shaykh clarify the description of the Prayer, but he also expounds on finer details such as the meaning of the legislated supplications and remembrance articulated in the Prayer, which is highly beneficial to every Muslim, especially the English reader. This treatise provides the reader with accurate information based on the Qur’ān and the Sunnah, so that the Muslim can actualize the saying of the Prophet (Salallahu 'alayhi wa-Salam): “Pray as you have seen me pray.”
Some of the issues discussed are:
· The meaning of the Prayer linguistically and Islamically.
· When and where the Prayer made obligatory.
· Clarification of its importance.
· Clarification of its virtues and benefits.
· A warning against neglecting it.
· Clarification of the ruling regarding the one who abandons it.
· Clarification of some of its conditions.
· Clarification of its description in light of the Qur’ān and Sunnah.
· The invocations after the Prayer.
· Clarification of its obligation and pillars.
· Clarification of two noble principles.
· Clarification of the importance of Khushūʿ (focus & submissiveness) in the Prayer.
· Clarification of the ruling of congregational Prayer and some of its rulings.