The Legislative Position on Qur'aan Khwaanee (Reciting the Qur'aan to Benefit the Deceased One)
Author: Shaykh Badee'ud-Deen Shaah ar-Raashidee as-Sindee
Paperback: 61 Pages
Published: Oct. 2009
On the authority of Abu Hurayrah who said, the Messenger of Allaah (sallaallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said, ‘If a person dies, his actions cease except for three: A righteous child who makes du’aa for him, the continual charity that remains after he has died, and beneficial knowledge (that people benefit from).
A discussion on the common practise of Qur’aan Khwaanee, reciting the Qur’aan, alone or often in a group intending that the reward be granted to the deceased one. A practise that is often done to commemorate monthly or annual anniversaries of a friend or relative who passed away. This is a prevalent event which encompasses much of the Muslim world and has been passed down generation upon generation and is widely accepted and considered praiseworthy by many Muslims. The author keenly identifies several key topics relative to the discussion such as:
• The importance of following the Qur’aan and Prophetic texts as it relates to worship
• A look at the actions of the Companions, was this from their practise?
• The religion of Islaam being a complete religion with no stone left unturned
• The dangers of innovatory practises as it relates to Islaam
• The statements of the scholars of old on the topic
• A firm conclusion on the issue urging the reader to align himself with the Book and the Sunnah and to resist any acts of worship that are not from it
See the link on the left, "Click to enlarge", to see some sample pages from the book.
Now available as an E-Book through our distribution network:
iBookstore: search on iTunes (Macbook) or iBookstore (iOS devices) or
for other countries - change country code in URL above or search from your iOS device
Kindle: search on Kindle device or on Kindle apps for iOS, Android or Windows OS, also on Amazon: http://www.amazon.ca/Legislative-Position-Quraan-Khwaanee-Reciting-ebook/dp/B00JLMGAKC/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1397839021&sr=1-1&keywords=The+Legislative+Position+on+Qur%27aan+Khwaanee