The Meaning of Islam
Author: Amjad Rafīq
Paperback: 96 pages
A Brief Explanation of the Most Important Principles and Teachings Which Every Muslim must Know.
This book is an excellent primer for new Muslims, inquisitive non-Muslims and regular Muslims. It presents the most basic principles and orthodox teachings of Ahl al-Sunnah wal-Jamāʿah that every Muslim ought to know and understand, packed into 136 pages with useful parables and analogies to facilitate understanding. It starts with birth and the fiṭrah and ends with the questions in the grave in a connected seamless narrative. This book has all of the following uses:
1. Essential reading for the person who has just accepted Islām, or is very close to accepting Islām.
2. A concise manual of the basics for a Muslim who has somewhat neglected obligatory knowledge.
3. A concise review of all of the foundations of Islam and its greatest principles in Tawḥīd, ʿĪmān and ʿĀqīdah for any person, at any level.
4. A structured mini-curriculum for parents wanting to teach their children. They can use the book as sequential guide to impart understanding of the core essentials. It serves as a checklist of topics, concepts and key teachings that a Muslim child must be made to understand to ensure a solid, stable grounding upon Tawḥīd and Sunnah.
The book’s fabric consists of the three levels of religion (Islām, Īmān, Iḥsān) into which scores of principles and foundations have been weaved and stitched in a highly structured, sequential manner.
This book incorporates all of the following:
– The essence of al-Qawāʿid al-Arbaʿ
– The essence of Thalāthat al-Uṣūl
– The essence of Kashf al-Shubuhāt
– The essence of Kitāb al-Tawḥīd (in a very concise way)
– The essence of Shurūṭ Laā ilāha ilallāh
– The essence of Maʿnā al-Ṭāghūt
– The essence of Nawāqid al-Islām
– The essence of Kitāb al-Īmān
– The essence of al-Wāsiṭiyyah and al-Tadmuriyyah on the Ṣifāt
– The essence of al-Uṣūl al-Sittahh.